Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The wait is almost over

Aahh YES! Day 36 of bedrest is slowly coming to a close. Tomorrow evening induction starts and hopefully on Friday we will see whether baby girl harms or baby boy harms is the 5th (and final) member of our family. I will not be sad leaving my second home for the 3.5 weeks and those fine sherbert colored walls, reflex and blood pressure checks every 3 hours, gigantic indentation in my mattress from my sweet backside, the 30 minute meaningless chit-chat with the crazy housecleaner employee, and not to mention the typical hospital dining options. I know it will be an adjustment for everyone as we attempt to regain normalcy in the Harms household with one more member, sleepless nights and one fatigued momma who lost all her muscles laying in bed for a month. But I am sooo excited to be home with my little peanuts and not to mention my wonderful husband! We have all been put through the ringer and his support, late visits to just sit with me here and watch a movie, bringing the kids after daycare to see me, and keeping me updated on what's going on at home have made me realize even more how much I love that man!

Of course we couldn't have done it without my mom and dad who have so willingly moved in to our house for the last 3 weeks to help watch the kids, or should i say spoil the kids, maintain the house, groceries and errands. So THANK YOU!

Also a special thank you to everyone who sent texts, cards, care packages, telephoned, facebook etc. It was these little things that helped make the time go by and I am soo lucky to have such wonderful family and friends! Jane even offered to help keep me employed by asking if I wanted to help deburring pieces from the shop....I had to pass on that one though. 

My next post will be the arrival of baby harms! Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

Friedt Family said...

Way to go Momma!!!! You are a trooper! And sounds like Mr. Harms was one too, nice work Scott! Good luck with everything and can't WAIT to hear news of Harms family member #5!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh boy....sooooo excited. GO ANNA! GO SCOTT!!! GO BABY #3!!!!!!!!! jane